For this special white paper about investment during the COVID-19 crisis of 2020, we spoke to five successful UK start-ups who have secured investment during 2020’s coronavirus crisis. Leading investor and founding partner of Hoxton Ventures Rob Kniaz also shares his valuable insights on the current funding landscape for homegrown start-ups.
You’ll find this white paper useful if:
- you’re a UK start-up looking for funding to scale up
- you’re an investor who’s looking for start-ups to support
- you’re active in the UK start-up ecosystem in another capacity
- you’re interested in business and investment in general
We have created Emerging from Covid: Start-up Investment Report to help survey the investment landscape for UK start-ups, as they recover from the first wave of coronavirus.
In this report, we talk to leading investor Rob Kniaz, founding partner of Hoxton Ventures, who tells us of his confidence in homegrown start-ups and the ‘fantastic founders’ of the UK start-up scene.
As a law firm purpose built to support start-ups, Harper James Solicitors has helped dozens of ambitious companies complete funding rounds during this period. This funding will not only safeguard them through the pandemic: it will give them a base to build on for the future.
We talk to five thriving start-ups who we have supported over the past quarter about their experiences of raising finance during this global pandemic. The insights they share will come in helpful to start-ups who are looking for investment to scale up and realise their growth ambitions during these tougher times.
Our team has helped:
- secure funding for a fast-growing recruitment platform that will drive it towards its target of one million clients
- deliver investment for a healthcare start-up who now plan to take their pioneering technology into the US market
- raise funds for an AI firm which will help drive transformational research projects
Each of these deals comes during a period that is the most challenging we have ever witnessed. Guiding our clients through it has been at the front and centre of the work provided by our team of solicitors and support staff. It has been truly inspiring to see how so many of our clients, working in various sectors, have been able to diversify and pivot to come through this once in a generation challenge. Britain’s start-up scene is still very much alive and kicking and our investment report serves as testimony to the vital work many of them have been doing.