Harper James Solicitors is a growing, ambitious commercial law firm like no other. We champion growing businesses that are starting up or scaling up, enabling them to access top tier legal advice when they need it most. The Harper James model of remote-working lawyers, clever use of technology coupled with unique subscription plans, enables us to provide cost effective business legal services without compromising on quality.
Our model is disrupting the legal services sector and we have experienced consistent and significant year on year growth since we started six years ago. As a team of just over 60 people, we will support over 1,000 clients this financial year. However, notwithstanding our growth so far, we are more ambitious than ever and intend to double the size of our business within the next three years.
To facilitate and support our ambitious plans, we are expanding our sales team and looking for a Business Development Executive. In return we promise to provide you with an opportunity that is exciting, fast moving, and professionally rewarding.
You will be joining a dynamic but supportive, commercially focused, and integrated team, working in a relaxed but professional environment where you will talk peer to peer with entrepreneurs and engage in strategic conversations about issues that are critical to the success of their business.
We are flexible on location, this role can be carried out remotely from home, albeit occasional travel to our Birmingham and Sheffield offices may be required.
What You’ll Do
The role involves introducing our services to senior level management of all sorts of businesses, from high growth companies to companies with turnover exceeding £50m.
You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of our services and services packages and be responsible for all stages of the sales process including :
- Prospect, identify and generate new opportunities to build a pipeline of targeted prospects.
- Managing a sales pipeline.
- Taking a consultative sales approach with business owners, entrepreneurs and key decision makers.
- Establish a trusted relationship with prospective clients to determine their needs and understand their requirements.
- Conduct activities including, outbound calls, emails and social selling.
- Consistently exceed your monthly targets and be well compensated for doing so.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent business development skills as well as the ability to use a consultative sales approach.
- Someone who is capable of having discussions with senior level decision makers about the challenges they are experiencing within their business with professionalism, authority, confidence and intelligence.
- You will be self-motivated and not afraid to work hard to deliver results and enjoy winning new business.
- Previous outbound sales experience is preferred but not essential (we are also interested in speaking with ambitious graduates looking to kick start a sales career).
- A strong executive presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player mentality with the ability to work independently.
- Someone who is coachable and keen to learn.
- University degree is preferred.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity for you to be part of a growing company leading innovation in the legal service sector, working closely with our Sales Director to provide a clear career path with accelerated professional development and growth opportunities.
- This role comes with a competitive basic salary attractive bonus structure.
- Full time role in flexible and remote working environment.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a CV and covering e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.