Harper James Solicitors is a growing, ambitious commercial law firm like no other. We champion growing businesses that are starting up or scaling up, enabling them to access top tier legal advice when they need it most. The Harper James model of remote-working lawyers, clever use of technology coupled with unique subscription plans, enables us to provide cost effective business legal services without compromising on quality.
Our model is disrupting the legal services sector and we have experienced consistent and significant year on year growth since we started six years ago. As a team of just over 60 people, we will support over 1,000 clients this financial year. However, notwithstanding our growth so far, we are more ambitious than ever and intend to double the size of our business within the next three years.
To facilitate and support our ambitious plans, we are expanding our marketing team and looking for a Marketing Manager. In return we promise to provide you with an opportunity that is exciting, fast moving, and professionally rewarding.
You will be joining a dynamic but supportive, commercially focused, and integrated team, working in a relaxed but professional environment.
We are flexible on location, this role can be carried out remotely from home, albeit occasional travel to our Birmingham and Sheffield offices may be required.
What You’ll Do
The marketing team has recently been restructured and the senior roles in the team having previously been specialist roles are now broader in their remit.
This role requires the manager to have solid experience delivering on projects and managing the implementation and reporting of marketing tactics. They will be responsible for managing people, processes and projects within the marketing team, and progressing their marketing plans and objectives by proactively contributing to the budgets and assisting with resource planning.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Creating, implementing and evaluating marketing plans for specific areas of the business to cover the full range of relevant marketing tactics.
- Developing content strategy for specific areas, identify key audiences, define messaging, support the production content including PR, blogs, news, videos, podcasts etc.
- Identify opportunities for allocated responsible areas by press scanning and monitoring relevant clients for content.
- Work closely with the business development team on the allocated areas of business to support targeting prospects with a range of tactics.
- Using analytics data to understand the effectiveness of our engagement, identify and introduce improvements.
- Creating and managing virtual and in-person events – sometimes in collaboration with partner organisations – for target audiences.
- Deliver creative campaigns and novel forms of engagement e.g. polls, hero content etc.
- Managing third party consultants and agencies including management of budgets.
- Monitoring the overall competitive landscape and target markets to identify and secure new collaborations and partnerships.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have working knowledge of marketing fundamentals including planning and implementation. A professional marketing qualification at degree or post graduate level is ideal.
- Good understanding of the tools used to evaluate marketing campaigns that use a range of tactics.
- Demonstrate and make full use of knowledge, experience, accuracy and expertise in their area.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision, ensuring high quality of work and service provided.
- Progress issues proactively, meet deadlines and provide updates to colleagues where necessary.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with teams across HJ to ensure a high level of service.
- Communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Hold an interest in the wider activities of HJ and demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Effectively and constructively manage performance by giving timely and constructive feedback to encourage personal and career development of team members.
- Be aware of their own strengths and development needs and seek out opportunities to build and address these.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity for you to be part of a growing company leading innovation in the legal service sector with accelerated professional development and growth opportunities.
- This role comes with a competitive salary.
- Full time role in flexible and remote working environment.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a CV and covering e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.