We have experienced consistent and significant year on year growth since we started five years ago. We are now a team of more than 50 people and will support more than 1,000 clients this year. However, notwithstanding our growth so far, we are more ambitious than we have ever been.
To facilitate and support our ambitious plans, we are looking for a Public Procurement Solicitor (of at least 5 years PQE) to work on a freelance and flexible basis from home.
About Harper James
Harper James is proud to be a modern and pioneering full-service national commercial law firm, with a unique business model and an innovative way of working.
We are at the forefront of innovation in the legal services sector, having adopted a unique model that allows us to provide a flexible and easily accessible legal service to our clients (which range from innovative VC backed start-ups to huge multinationals).
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in advising on EU Procurement and State Aid advice for public, private and third sector clients.
- You’ll provide practical advice on complex procurement issues and on tendering procedures, procurement structures and competition law.
- The role will also encompass aspects of EU procurement regulation to numerous commercial clients.
- You must have a demonstrable interest in public procurement and the public sector generally.
What can we offer you?
- Working from home in a completely agile and flexible way;
- quality, technically challenging work with a firm with a refreshing approach to winning and servicing clients and which has innovation at the forefront of everything it does;
- all the necessary IT software required to do your job;
- legal resources (such as PLC, Lexis Nexis and Westlaw);
- opportunities to maintain your CPD;
- open and free access to junior legal staff, professional support Solicitors and our wider team of Solicitors; administrative support including help with I.T, marketing, invoicing and compliance/regulation.
- In fact, all you require is a clean practicing certificate, a laptop and a mobile phone.
This role comes with a competitive hourly rate and a consistent pipeline of work.
Find out more
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com; our process starts with an informal chat.