We have experienced consistent and significant year on year growth since we started five years ago. We are now a team of just under 60 people and will support over 1,200 clients this financial year. However, notwithstanding our growth so far, we are more ambitious than we have ever been and intend to double the size of our business within the next three years.
To facilitate and support our ambitious plans, we are looking for a Sales Director with a background in legal services (ideally an ex lawyer) to join our team with a focus on the London market. The role will be home based but a significant amount of your time will be spent out and about attending events, meeting prospective clients, networking, entertaining etc.
In return we promise to provide an environment and an opportunity that is radically different to the norm.
About Harper James
Harper James is proud to be a modern and pioneering full-service national commercial law firm, with a unique business model and an innovative way of working.
We are at the forefront of innovation in the legal services sector, having adopted a unique model that allows us to provide a flexible and easily accessible legal service to our clients (which range from innovative VC backed start-ups to huge multinationals).
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- ideally a former lawyer with experience servicing business clients;
- significant business development experience, ideally but not necessarily within the legal services market but certainly selling professional services to senior level decision makers of businesses that range from start-ups to multi billion pound organisations;
- energetic and dynamic with a will and desire to get things done at pace but whilst being so organised and methodical not a single opportunity fails to be followed up;
- experience at director level, with well-established leadership and people skills – you must be someone that always leads by example and inspires your team to follow;
- proven and demonstratable track record of success;
- a credible thought leader with entrepreneurial flair and commercial acumen; and
- you will have top class academics, be bright and incredibly articulate with a professional outlook, capable of thinking quickly on your feet and able to win round the mostwary of prospects with relative ease.
- Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the senior management team to raise the firms’ profile and implement our growth strategy;
- Attending and hosting events;
- Organising and hosting round table events;
- Utilising existing and building new networks with investors, VCs, accelerators and other professional service businesses across London, raising our profile and to secure referrals;
- Direct targeting of prospective clients through email marketing, LinkedIn and cold calling;
- Building a team on hitting agreed milestones; and
- Leading by example in driving through the implementation of new strategies for winning new clients.
- The opportunity to fulfil your ambitions in a law firm that is radically different to the norm and an environment that is entrepreneurial alongside a leadership team that is extremely ambitious, driven and focused.
- A financial package that is incomparable to anything in the market.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a CV and covering e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.