- Variation of Terms
- Information and Jurisdiction
- Disclaimer and Exclusion of Liability
- Reliance on Information
- Accuracy and Updates
- The Lawyer-Client Relationship
- Availability and Access to Our Website
- Misuse of Our Website
- Links to Other Websites
- Linking to our Website
- Copyright and Intellectual property
This page (together with the documents referred to in it) tells you the terms on which you make use of Harper James Solicitors’ (we, us our) website, www.hjsolicitors.co.uk (our website).
Please read these terms and notices carefully before you start using our website.
You may print off and keep a copy of these terms. They are a legal agreement between you and Harper James Solicitors and can only be modified with our consent.
Variation of Terms
Information and Jurisdiction
The information on our website refers to only the laws of England and Wales, and is intended for residents of England and Wales. Laws and regulations may be different outside of England and Wales.
Disclaimer and Exclusion of Liability
We disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this website to the fullest extent permitted by law. The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
We declaim any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials or materials posted on it or omitted from it, including, without limitation, any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
- increased overheads or administrative expenses; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
We do not exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Reliance on Information
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any matter. You should not rely on the information published on this website, including that in the Advice Centre. The information on this website does not take account of individual circumstances and may not reflect recent changes in the law.
Do not act or refrain from acting upon this information without seeking professional legal advice: you are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal legal advice about your case or matter and not to rely on the information or comments in this website.
Accuracy and Updates
We aim to update our website regularly and may change the content at any time. The material on this website may not reflect the most current legal developments, particularly information in our archives. Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
While we make reasonable efforts to keep our information accurate, we assume no responsibility for its accuracy and correctness, or for any consequences of relying on it, howsoever arising.
We enter into no express or implied conditions, warranties, terms or representations regarding the quality, accuracy or completeness of the information. The content and interpretation of the law addressed herein is subject to revision.
If the need arises we may suspend access to our website, or close it indefinitely.
We shall not be liable for any technical, editorial, typographical or other errors or omissions within the information provided on this website, nor shall we be responsible for the content of any web images or information linked to this website.
The Lawyer-Client Relationship
The transmission and receipt of information contained on this website, in whole or in part, or communication with Harper James Solicitors via the internet or email through this website does not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship between us and any recipient. You should not send us any confidential information in response to this webpage. Such responses will not create a lawyer-client relationship, and whatever you disclose to us will not be privileged or confidential unless we have agreed to act as your legal counsel and you have executed a written engagement agreement with Harper James Solicitors.
Please note, we do not accept service of legal documents by email, facsimile or via Twitter or any other form of social media
Availability and Access to Our Website
While we try to ensure that the website is available 24 hours a day, we cannot guarantee this and will not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair, for reasons beyond our control or any other reason we consider to be appropriate in the circumstances. We shall have no liability in respect of any such suspension, or if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website at any time without notice.
Misuse of Our Website
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website.
You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
We will determine, in our absolute discretion, whether your use of our website is unacceptable and, in this event, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Links to Other Websites
This website contains links to other third-party websites and resources not operated or controlled by us. If you use these links, you will leave the website. These links are provided for information and convenience only and do not constitute any endorsement by Harper James Solicitors of the organisation promoted on the linked websites, their products or services.
We do not have any control over such linked websites or the content of them and cannot accept any responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Linking to our Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Our website must not be framed on any other site.
The user agrees that material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of the website is obtained entirely at the user’s own risk and that the user will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data, even if such loss and damage was reasonably foreseeable and we had been advised of the possibility of the same.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial of service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the website, or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Copyright and Intellectual property
The intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright trade marks and other intellectual property rights) in all material on the website (including, without limitation, logos, designs, text, images and other materials) are owned by or licensed to Harper James Solicitors or appear with the permission of the relevant owner. Those works are protected by copyright and trade mark laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Your use of the materials on this website is limited as set out below:
- You are permitted to display the pages of the website on your computer screen and print a reasonable number of unmodified copies of any of the pages of the website for your personal reference and your own, non-commercial use.
- You shall not copy, adapt, exploit or otherwise use the content on our website in any way, save for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the sole and exclusive purpose of viewing on a personal computer or terminal, or drawing the attention of others to material posted on our website.
- You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Except as expressly permitted under copyright law, any other copying, modification, reproduction, permanent storage, repackaging, distribution, transmission or commercial exploitation of any of the material on the website by any means without our prior written consent is prohibited. This applies to both the visual content of the website and the source code.
- You may not change or delete any author attribution, trade mark, legend or copyright notice, and by printing or displaying the website you do not acquire any rights in it.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.