Ashley Mott is a litigator, arbitrator and mediator with 30 years experience handling UK and international business disputes. As well as general commercial and contractual disputes, Ashley has particular experience in joint venture and shareholder issues and in technology, product liability, infrastructure, manufacturing and engineering-based claims. He joined Harper James from DLA Piper where he spent 28 years, 22 as a partner.
Ashley is equally at home representing clients in court or arbitration proceedings. He spent his last several years at DLA Piper successfully defending clients in multi-million dollar international arbitration proceedings. Those cases took Ashley to India, UAE, USA and Singapore which included final arbitration hearings in London, Delhi and Singapore. Ashley is an accredited mediator and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, having written more than 50 arbitration awards. More recently, Ashley was appointed as Commercial and Operations Director at Harper James.
Clients have praised Ashley’s ‘commercially astute advice and clarity of thought’, his ‘down to earth but incisive and pragmatic approach’ and have described him as ‘dependable, supportive, unflappable and honest’ and ‘an absolute pleasure to deal with’.
In terms of sectors, Ashley has significant previous experience in the following:
- Technology, including software and IT implementation disputes
- Life sciences and healthcare, including biotech and medical devices, as well as contractual disputes for private healthcare providers
- Sports law, including contracts, agents agreements, and club business disputes
- Energy, utilities and environment, including renewable energy and nuclear
- Public sector, including acting for and against central and local government, public procurement and state aid
- Manufacturing, including industrial products, food & drink/agribusiness, metals, chemicals and transport/automotive
- Retail and luxury brands
Ashley is married with four children. His interests are football (a long-suffering Preston North End fan), cricket, rugby, walking (particularly between pubs) and all things family!