Ella joined Harper James as a Senior Solicitor in January 2020, having previously worked at top 50 West Midlands law firm Shakespeares (now Shakespeare Martineau). She is highly experienced in the field of Employment Law, working with a vast range of clients from start-ups to large national and multi-national companies.
Ella provides practical and commercially focused advice and assistance in relation to a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters which arise throughout the course of the employment relationship and beyond. Practice areas covered include:
- Disciplinary and grievance issues
- Restructures and redundancy exercises
- Senior employee exits
- Settlement Agreements
- Managing Employment Tribunals
- Managing Sickness Absence
- The application of IR35
- Data Subject Access Requests
- The Modern Slavery Act
- Drafting documentation including Service Agreements and Policies
Ella has particular experience of working with clients in the following sectors:
Outside of work Ella enjoys ski-ing and going on breaks to the coast with her family.