Ian Carson is one of our dispute resolution partners. He qualified as a solicitor in 1993 and has over 25 years of experience in handling a broad range of commercial disputes.
He’s previously acted for a wide range of clients from large multi-nationals, to SMEs and individuals.
His skill lies in cutting through to the key issues and communicating these to our clients in clear, straightforward terms.
Ian’s area of practice includes:
- Contractual disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Banking and finance disputes
- Internal corporate disputes
Ian has particular experience in the following sectors:
- Creative industries, including media, entertainment, and publishing
- Life science and healthcare, particularly partnership/practice disputes
- Retail and luxury brands, including fashion and consumer goods
- Manufacturing, including industrial products, chemical and transport
- Hospitality, travel and leisure
What Inspired You To Get Into Law?
I’ve always enjoyed the challenge of problem solving and the tactical challenges of dispute resolution.
What Is The Most Rewarding Aspect Of Your Role?
Reaching an acceptable resolution to a dispute for a client, which allows all parties to move on.
What Do You Do Away From Work/Outside The Office?
Outside of work I enjoy playing tennis, golf, going to the cinema, walking and cycling.
Ian shares more about his journey into law and proudest career moments in our Spotlight on a Solicitor series. Read the interview to hear about his life in law.