Theresa trained at Martineau Johnson in Birmingham and moved to Shoosmiths LLP where she worked for 9 years before joining the property specialists, Davitt Jones Bould in 2015, as a consultant and later as partner. Theresa has a broad range of experience in the property industry, with a particular expertise in landlord and tenant matters, management of property portfolios and investment acquisitions and disposals.
In terms of sector experience, Theresa has acted for a wide range of clients, with significant experience in:
- Retail property – advising and acting for a number of national and international retailers dealing with high street store locations, shopping centres and out-of-town retail parks
- Leisure sector – advising and acting for a national casino and bingo chain and a caravan park operator with multiple sites around the country
- Office buildings, business parks and industrial estates – acting for a small and large UK and international property investors and off-shore investment funds
- Corporate support – providing property support and advice on commercial and corporate transactions
- Central government and local authorities – advising on a number of key central government departments and local authorities on the acquisition, disposal and management of government land
Theresa has also taken part in our Spotlight on a Solicitor series, sharing her journey into law and proudest career moments. Read the interview to hear about her life in law.
Outside of work, Theresa is a keen traveller and enjoys experiencing new cuisines and learning to cook them. She is also a voracious reader and sings with a choir, whenever she can make it to practice.