What our manufacturing lawyers do
Our manufacturing and engineering lawyers have the experience, industry knowledge, and commercial acumen required to provide smart, pragmatic legal advice and representation.
Whether you are a start-up or a multi-national corporate, our team can provide you with a complete service in all aspects of commercial, regulatory, commercial property, and dispute resolution for any manufacturing and engineering organisation or projects.
Our team understands that those operating in the manufacturing and engineering sectors are faced with innumerable challenges including squeezed margins, attracting and retaining talent, investment and finance, regulatory compliance, and of course Brexit. We are unique in our ability to deliver cost-effective, quality service to our clients because:
- We specialise in all sectors of commercial law, and our specialist teams will collaborate to ensure you receive expert advice on all your legal matters.
- Our business model allows clients to pay a small monthly amount to us via direct debit, which, in turn, helps them manage cash flow – a critical advantage for most manufacturing and engineering businesses.
When it comes to regulatory compliance, our lawyers are up-to-date with domestic and international laws and conventions that apply to the manufacturing and engineering sector and will proactively advise you on any changes required to ensure your organisation fully complies with its duties and responsibilities. And if a breach occurs, we will be quickly on-hand to recover evidence and investigate the matter and ensure you have a vigorous defence available.
Legal advice for manufacturing and engineering businesses
Our manufacturing and engineering solicitors can advise on a broad range of legal matters varying from simple commercial property agreements to complex international joint ventures. In particular, we can advise you on:
- Industrial products
- Advanced manufacturing
- Food and drink/agribusiness
- Automotive and transport
Manufacturing solicitors with sector expertise
Our solicitors have all been recruited from top 100 law firms or international businesses and come with a wealth of experience and expertise in all areas of the manufacturing and engineering sector. Because our firm is 100% focused on business law, our team spans several legal practice areas, so whatever legal advice you need, we have a commercial solicitor with manufacturing and engineering experience to deal with it quickly and cost-effectively.
Previous experience with manufacturing and engineering companies include:
- Various agreements for an international advanced fluids and electromechanical engineering client, including drafting supply agreements and reviewing and amending NDAs.
- Advising a steel and metals client, specialising in CNC milling and turning and sheet metal fabrication and engineering, on product liability claims, contracts for company chairman and preparing standard terms of supply and purchase.
- Assisting an international automotive technology client in closing transactions of their investment rounds, advising on IP infringement, referral agreement Cooperation agreement, company documents regarding allocation and issue of options, as well as assisting with employment tribunal proceedings.
- Advising an automotive interior manufacturer on amending powers of attorney, lease renewal of commercial property and dilapidations settlements, and preparing documents for change of directors.
- Advising a leading private mint on range of issues including their B2B agreements, their interactions with governments, national banks and their third party sub-contractors.
- Representing successful defendants (a company and an individual) in a claim against them for £200,000 relating to conversion of industrial machinery.
- Acting for manufacturers of steel castings and forgings in relation to claims and intimated claims about the quality and fitness for purpose of those products; defending and passing on claims.
- Acting for several large UK car dealers, advising on disputes with customers and manufacturers and providing training to dealer principals on handling customer issues and dealing with claims.
- Acting for a large motor dealer against a government department in proceedings in the High Court in England and before the European Court of Justice relating to the potential recovery of £millions of VAT for them and other dealers.
- All types of commercial property transactions throughout the industry.
Adam Kudryl is a Partner and Corporate & Commercial Solicitor at Harper James Solicitors, specialising in strategic investments, acquisitions and sales.View profile
Dispute Resolution Partner
Ian joined our dispute resolution team in 2016 and has over 20 years of experience in handling a broad range of commercial disputes.View profile
Rana is a commercial solicitor specialising in commercial contracts, data protection and financial services.View profile
Stephen is an experienced corporate lawyer, with a career including time at DLA Piper and Pinsent Masons. He specialises in mergers and acquisitions and private equity work.View profile
IP & Commercial Technology Partner
Before joining us Rob worked for Santander bank as an IP/brand management lawyer and also at Shakespeare Martineau.View profile
Employment Law Partner
Simon acts for employers of all sizes, particularly tech and manufacturing, and specialises in managing people matters, including TUPE, sales and acquisitions of companies, and restructures/redundancies.View profile
Intellectual Property Partner
Having previously worked at top 50 firm, Walker Morris, Lindsay specialises in IP strategy, dispute resolution and IP exploitation.View profile
As a previous partner at DLA Piper, Sarah comes with a rich pedigree in providing expert commercial services for her clients.View profile
Dispute Resolution Solicitor
Mark previously worked at Freeths LLP and Nabarro (which became CMS) prior to joining Harper James. His areas of expertise include complex contractual disputes, public procurement challenges, IT/Outsourcing & reputational managementView profile
Dispute Resolution Partner
A former partner in a leading north-west law firm, Michael is one of our business disputes partners specialising in alternative dispute resolution & litigation for complex claims.View profile
Partner & Dispute Resolution Solicitor
Ashley is a litigator, arbitrator and mediator with 30 years experience handling UK and international business disputes.View profile
Commercial Property Solicitor
Christen is a commercial property solicitor with over 15 years’ experience across the full spectrum of commercial property transaction types.View profile
Emilia Smith is a commercial solicitor at Harper James, specialising in acquisitions, investments and governance.View profile
Employment Law Solicitor
Sean previously worked for a leading national law firm in the employment team, ranked tier 1 in the Legal 500. He advises employers on all aspects of employment law from TUPE to tribunals.View profile
Dispute Resolution Solicitor
Simon is a very experienced dispute resolution solicitor and has worked in private litigation practice for over 20 years.View profile
Michelle regularly advises business owners on corporate and commercial legal matters. She was partner in a regional firm and has also spent time in-house at a Higher Education business dealing with its research, innovation and knowledge exchange contracts.View profile
Employee Incentives Solicitor
Ian has over 25 years’ experience advising on employee incentive arrangements (including EMI, CSOP, SIP and SAYE plans and growth/hurdle share and phantom equity arrangements).View profile
Our three transparent pricing packages are designed to give you the widest possible access to high-quality legal advice, whatever the size and nature of your business:
Straightforward access to senior solicitors at a competitive rate.
An affordable solution for businesses needing one-off legal support. Receive ‘City’ partner-level expertise at a fraction of ‘City’ prices.
Have legal peace of mind for £189 per month with additional support from £99 per hour.
A monthly subscription legal support package specifically designed for start-ups and smaller businesses.
For businesses requiring 60+ hours of support a year, with prices equivalent to £99 per hour.
Fully account managed quarterly subscription service for businesses with more complex legal needs.