A legal support subscription service for larger companies
On-demand is a smarter way for high-growth and established businesses to get legal advice – the fully account managed quarterly
subscription service gives you priority access to highly experienced solicitors, whenever you need them, at a budget set by you.
As an On-Demand Plan client, you’ll benefit from:
- A pro-active and accessible account manager, committed to understanding and satisfying your legal needs
- A dedicated panel of experienced partner-level solicitors, recruited from top 100 UK law firms
- High quality, practical and commercially focused legal advice
- Heavily discounted hourly rates and control over costs
- Legal advice delivered in plain English
- Easy access to legal support whenever you need it
We become an extension of your team
To meet the unique requirements of your business a handpicked panel of subject matter experts will be established to support you through the next stages of your exciting growth and beyond – they are your On-Demand team (see example below).
Harper James is a national commercial law firm like no other. We are designed to operate with a low cost base allowing us to provide excellent quality legal advice and assistance at very low hourly rates. As an On-Demand client, you can access our full range of services including:
- Banking & Finance Law
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
- Data Protection, Privacy & Security
- Dispute Resolution
- Employee Incentive Arrangements
- Employment Law
- Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
- Intellectual Property
Your account management team
Ashley Mott: Commercial Director
Ashley was previously a Partner at DLA Piper specialising as a litigator, arbitrator and mediator for commercial disputes. Recognised as a leader in his field, Ashley now applies his expertise to law firm and client management.
Through regular review meetings and ongoing reporting Ashley will get to know you and your business so we can help anticipate your future legal needs and make sure that our support exceeds your expectations.
Charlotte Smith: Client Services Executive
Charlotte Smith is a Client Services Executive at Harper James. Charlotte’s role is to support Ashley with all aspects of managing and co-ordinating the firm’s support of its On-Demand clients.
Charlotte joined us in December 2017, from a background of events and PA work in the hospitality and creative arts sectors, where she developed her strong communication skills and passion for building relationships.
An example On-Demand team
Adam Kudryl: Corporate Partner Adam has been specialising in corporate law with particular interest in M&A and finance for almost 20 years.
- Company and business acquisitions
- Making and receiving strategic investments
- Negotiating and structuring joint ventures
Rob Cobley: Commercial and Technology Specialist Having trained at a Top 20 firm, Rob was previously head of IP and tech at Harrison Clark Rickerbys where he was also joint head of its Cambridge office.
- IP Strategy and strategic commercial partnerships
- Data Protection, GDPR and Privacy
- Collaboration and Consortium Agreements (commercial and academia)
- Commercialisation, protection and enforcement of IP (UK / EU / International)
Lindsay Gledhill: Intellectual Property Partner
Lindsay has specialised in intellectual property strategy, exploitation and dispute resolution since 1997.
- IP Strategy, taking a holistic view of your commercial objectives
- IP licensing, including drafting and negotiating bespoke agreements
- Patents, copyright, trade marks, design rights and utility models
- UK / EU / International IP management
Simon Gilmour: Employment Partner
Simon has over 20 years’ experience, including as Partner and head of department at Shakespeare Martineau.
- All contractual and related documentation for employees
- Drafting HR policies and procedures
- Auto-enrolment pensions, employee pay and benefits
- Full range of contentious and non-contentious employment support
Ian Carson: Dispute Resolution Partner
Ian has over 20 years’ experience working at top City firms including just under 10 years at Herbert Smith Freehills and 7 years as Partner at PWC Legal where he was head of dispute resolution.
- Disputes, claims and litigation
- Debt claims