What we do: Commercial conveyancing legal services
Our commercial conveyancing solicitors have many years of experience in making sure that these transactions go smoothly for you, whether you’re an owner, buyer or an occupier of commercial property.
We provide a full commercial conveyancing service for all types of property transactions and leases, including:
- Working with you or your surveyor to agree sensible commercial Heads of Terms
- Buying and selling business premises
- Agreements for lease, where for instance the property owner is required to carry out works or planning permission is required for the intended use prior to a lease being granted,
- Entering into new leases
- Assigning or transferring existing leases
- Changes of use
- Alterations, both minor and major
- Surrenders of commercial leases and vacating property
- Settling dilapidations claims at the expiry of a lease
- Lease renewals
- Land acquisition for commercial property development and associated development agreements
Read our recent advice posts on commercial conveyancing processes here:
Who we help: Commercial buyers and sellers, business landlords and business tenants
Whether you’re moving business premises, you’re a commercial landlord, or you want to buy or sell commercial property or land, our commercial conveyancing solicitors can help you.
Commercial sales and purchases for buyers and sellers
We can handle all legal work arising from buying or selling a commercial property (whether freehold or leasehold), including:
- Investigating ownership and title to a property and reporting upon any issues
- Carrying out property searches and reporting upon any issues
- Raising enquiries and reporting upon any issues arising from those enquiries
- Ensuring that the property can be used for the intended purpose
- Transfer of title, property registration
- Completing and filing the necessary Stamp Duty Land Tax forms with HMRC
- Management of commercial property portfolios
- Commercial mortgages
- Remortgaging business premises
- Development and planning
- Complex land sale agreements which are conditional upon site assembly, satisfactory planning permission free from onerous conditions, or containing overage provisions (rights to share in future profits)
- Option agreements requiring a landowner to sell on satisfaction of certain conditions; or for a purchaser to purchaser
- Rights of first refusal (pre-emption agreements)
- Restricting the use of land or negotiating to remove restrictions on the use of land
When you grant a lease, you’ll want to make sure that your lease is fully compliant with the terms that have been pre-agreed. We can help make sure your agreements are water-tight and are understood by both parties.
Commercial Tenants & Occupiers
When you accept a commercial property lease, you need to make sure you’re aware of exactly what you’re signing up for.
Our commercial conveyancing solicitors can help explain the small print of your lease so you don’t come across any unexpected surprises during your tenancy.
We can also help negotiate an early release/termination of your tenancy if you wish to vacate the premises. Alternatively, if you wish to continue renting once the lease has ended, then we can help you with lease renewals.
Why use our commercial conveyancing solicitors?
Our commercial conveyancing solicitors each understand the problems you may face when it comes to buying, selling or negotiating the release of a commercial property. We’ll provide you with all the necessary legal documents and advice you need to guarantee a seamless transaction every time, explaining the process to you every step of the way.
Each member of our commercial property conveyancing team comes with years of experience in dealing with these matters for clients. Our conveyancing solicitors have been recruited from UK top 100 law firms, or from large international businesses. Coupled with our innovative pricing models and remote-operating model, we’re uniquely placed to provide the quality of commercial property legal advice you’d usually find at a City firm but for a fraction of the cost. Find out more about our commercial conveyancing solicitors here:
Commercial Property Solicitor
Paul is an expert commercial property solicitor, specialising in landlord & tenant law and advising businesses on commercial real estate.View profile
Commercial Property Solicitor
Christen is a commercial property solicitor with over 15 years’ experience across the full spectrum of commercial property transaction types.View profile
Commercial Property Solicitor
Before joining us, Theresa worked for Shoosmiths LLP and property specialists, Davitt Jones Bould, as a consultant and later as partner. Theresa has particular expertise in landlord and tenant matters, management of property portfolios and investment acquisitions and disposals.View profile
Katrina Leaf assists our solicitors across a wide range of practice areas, most notably commercial property.View profile
Our three transparent pricing packages are designed to give you the widest possible access to high-quality legal advice, whatever the size and nature of your business:
Straightforward access to senior solicitors at a competitive rate.
An affordable solution for businesses needing one-off legal support. Receive ‘City’ partner-level expertise at a fraction of ‘City’ prices.
Have legal peace of mind for £189 per month with additional support from £125 per hour.
A monthly subscription legal support package specifically designed for start-ups and smaller businesses.
Providing you with priority access to a dedicated panel of highly experienced solicitors.
Fully account managed quarterly subscription service for businesses with more complex legal needs.
What our clients say
We pride ourselves on delivering an excellent service for clients, but don’t just take our word for it.
Choosing Harper James was one of the best choices we made as a start-up. The firm has provided invaluable advice and insight throughout the early stages of our business.
Leigh Purnell, CEO
As with any business, we need access to good quality legal advice without the fear of facing huge legal fees. The service provided by Harper James is ideal because they are always available to assist and we know that the advice provided is of outstanding quality, with pricing that is cost effective and completely transparent.
Laura Bowen, Director
Harper James have become a vital part of our business. We get quality advice from experienced solicitors at prices that other firms do not appear to be able to match.
Veejay Lingiah, CEO
I have found Harper James to be very efficient even from getting in touch from the on boarding staff to the directors the solicitors that I have been dealing with have been very knowledgeable and extremely I would highly recommend. I hope to have a long working relationship with Harper James
David Lee, Director
London Gas Training Centre
Reliable but straightforward legal advice and support. Delivered at a very cost effective price point.
Matthew Dreaper, Director