Trade Mark Management Support
Harper James offers you industry leading trade mark solicitors who take the time to truly understand your business and identify the best way to protect and exploit your intellectual property.
Whether you’re registering, safeguarding, defending, or exploiting your branding, we’re on hand to support you from your ‘big idea’ and beyond. We have industry leading trade mark solicitors, many with experience of working in-house in businesses, on hand to offer you a truly tailored service.
Our team are more than just trade mark solicitors, they’re an extension of your business who can help you dominate the market and differentiate your brand.
By offering a holistic approach, our trade mark solicitors can offer comprehensive, ongoing support with the following:
Trade mark assessments
We will review and assess your current intellectual property, and your trade marks if you have any registered. We will then review your business goals and offer pragmatic advice on how you could develop your intellectual property strategy for commercial success. We will also highlight any risk areas and suggest ways you can protect your trade mark and your brand.
Trade mark registration
If you haven’t registered your trade mark, our trade mark solicitors can deal with all the paper work and give your business the best chance of having the trade mark application accepted. This could save you the cost of making subsequent re-applications. If your application is unsuccessful, or we envision your application being unsuccessful, we will help you create a trade mark strategy to ensure success.
Trade mark strategy
Using findings from our initial audit, our trade mark solicitors will help draft a comprehensive intellectual property strategy, including ways you can safeguard your trade mark and how you can use your strategy to achieve your overall business goals. We will also help you set detailed and specific actions and objectives, creating a clear ‘action plan’ on how to implement your strategy within your business.
A trade mark strategy can help with the following goals:
- Overall business growth
- Achieve a successful trade mark registration
- Expansion in the UK or overseas
- Achieve success with investment opportunities
- Add value to the sale of a business
Trade mark portfolio management
A significant portion of your trade mark strategy will be allocated to the protection of your intellectual property and trade marks. A trade mark solicitor managing your trade mark portfolio will:
- Remove your business as first point of contact for potential trade mark infringement allegations
- Allow all infringement allegations against your business to be researched and responded to in a timely manner
- Manage all trade mark disputes
- Have your portfolio constantly reviewed for potential infringement breaches, against and by your business
- Monitor third party trade mark applications to identify trade mark applications that are similar to your brand
- Have a legal professional deal with all paperwork and documents relating to your trade mark and intellectual property
Training & support
Having a trade mark solicitor manage your trade mark portfolio, and help create your trade mark strategy, will provide your business with tailored legal support. This means a trade mark solicitor will embed themselves into your business and offer pragmatic and invaluable advice and support in order to achieve your business goals. Examples of how we have supported firms are:
- Training marketing teams on how to correctly communicate their businesses brands online
- Training licensees how to correctly communicate brand identity
- Drafting documents to encourage affiliate marketing, so businesses remain in control over how their brand is communicated
- Offering advice on marketing and branding to ensure trade mark protection e.g. advice on website design, marketing assets etc.