1. The prize draw is open to any business operating in the UK, or any individual aged 18 or over operating a business in the UK, but is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
2. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. All entries must be submitted via https://hjsolicitors.co.uk/ and only one entry per legal entity is permitted.
4. The opening date for entries is 00:00 on 01/02/2020 (London time). The closing date of the prize draw is 23:59 on 31/05/2020 (London time). Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault (technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure) of any kind.
6. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 02/06/2020 (”Draw Date”).
7. The winner will receive one year’s free subscription to the ‘Enterprise’ package entitling it to receive legal support within the Promoter’s core practice areas, a description of which can be found here: https://hjsolicitors.co.uk/service-plans/enterprise-service-solicitors/, which will be provided in accordance with the Promoter’s terms and conditions which can be found here: https://hjsolicitors.co.uk/content/uploads/2020/01/20190703-Terms-of-Business-Enterprise-KG.pdf. This includes one hour of free legal support each month which rolls over if unused. The winner will not be charged for the monthly subscription fee (ordinarily £189+VAT), but please note that the maximum amount of free legal support is 12 hours. Further additional legal support may be provided at a discounted rate of £99.00 per hour, except where alternative rates apply as set out in the Promoter’s Enterprise Terms and Conditions.
8. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) within 14 days of the Closing Date. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The Promoter has a professional duty not to act if there is a conflict of interests or a significant risk of such a conflict. As such, the Promoter reserves the right not to provide legal services to a winner where the Promoter judges, in its sole discretion, that a conflict of interest or a significant risk of such a conflict would arise.
10.The winner of the prize will be contacted in order to activate their ‘Enterprise’ support package within 90 days of being notified of their win, and will be required to comply with the Promoter’s money laundering checks, which the Promoter is required to carry out in order to comply with its regulatory responsibilities. Failure to successfully complete the Promoter’s money laundering checks will result in the winner forfeiting the prize.
11. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-refundable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
12. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
13. The Promoter has a professional duty to keep its client’s information confidential. As such, unless the winner provides the Promoter with its consent to publicise its name, the Promoter will not be able provide any information about the winner. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. As such, the Promoter will provide non-confidential information about the winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority if requested.
14. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion at the Promoter’s discretion.
16. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
18. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
19. The Promoter of this prize draw is Expert Business Advisors Limited t/a Harper James Solicitors of Unit 2-5 Velocity Tower, 1 St. Marys Square, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 4LP. The Promoter is a law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, whose rules are at www.sra.org.uk/rules. The Law Society is a designated professional body for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, but responsibility for regulation and complaints handling has been separated from the Law Society’s representative functions. The Solicitors Regulation Authority is the independent regulatory body of the Law Society and the Legal Ombudsman is the independent complaints-handling body.