Harper James Solicitors is a commercial law firm like no other. We provide expert business legal services from partner level lawyers, but at affordable prices for startups, SMEs and other businesses.
- We’re a full service, remote operating, commercial law firm
- The majority of our lawyers have previously worked for a top 100 UK law firm or in-house at large international businesses
- Our business model is based around clients paying a small monthly amount to us via direct debit. This model is sustained due to our low overheads and the fact that most of our lawyers work remotely
- We advise clients across the UK. Our business support team is located in Sheffield, and we also have offices and meeting facilities in Birmingham, Cambridge, London, Manchester, Oxford and Lyon.
- We focus on providing clients with high quality legal support and advice while using the most advanced and cost-effective technology available
- Our access to meeting rooms in every key financial business centre in the UK means we’re always happy to visit you wherever you are, or at your office if you prefer
Why we’re different
Harper James is leading innovation in the legal services sector by adopting a pioneering model that allows us to provide a flexible and easily accessible legal service for our clients, delivered by partner level lawyers.
Our charges are also significantly lower than other law firms, while providing a comparable service.
We achieve this by:
- Keeping our overheads to a minimum
- Offering our significantly discounted rates to clients on our Enterprise service plan who pay us a small monthly fee to contribute to those overheads we do have to maintain
- Keeping our most expensive asset, our lawyers, focused on doing the legal work they’re trained to do
- Maintaining exceptional levels of cash flow by billing monthly and collecting our fees by direct debit – on average our firm’s WIP is ‘locked in’ for no more than 30 days
Finally, we aim to deal with matters efficiently and with a high degree of senior involvement. In our view, that provides our clients with the best possible value for money and we think it’s a viable option for any business to access high quality support and legal advice.
Watch our CEO and Founder, Toby Harper, explaining how we work in this video:
Equality and diversity
Harper James is committed to providing opportunities for everyone to succeed regardless of their race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
You can view a summary of the Harper James diversity profile here.
For more information on diversity across the legal industry visit the Solicitors Regulation Authority