Lillian Tsang is a Commercial and Data Protection Solicitor at Harper James Solicitors. Prior to joining Harper James in 2016, Lillian previously worked in private practice and in-house (litigation and non-litigation) in the City of London, advising on the legal and commercial dilemmas any organisation faces, from start-ups and high-growth companies, to multi-nationals.
Her previous roles have included being the Solicitor and Group Compliance Officer at a plc-listed company, also holding the nominated positions of Data Protection Officer and Anti-Money Laundering Officer, advising on a wide range of legal complexities.
During these roles, she formed strong relationships with regulators including the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the National Crime Agency (NCA). Lillian also served as a member of the board’s risk committee.
Her pragmatic approach at Harper James includes:
- Leading on data protection laws and compliance programmes (remote and on-site).
- Advising the board, subsidiaries and stakeholders on strategic, legal and operational matters
- Implementing practical solutions across various sectors and business units from sales, to marketing and IT
She also advises on areas specific to the regulated financial services sector in matters concerning both the FCA and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).
- Data protection and privacy law
- Information technology law
- FCA/PRA legal and compliance
- Bespoke commercial contract drafting
- Corporate governance
Lillian also holds an MBA (Masters in Business Administration) and is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), conglomerating the global arena for data protection and privacy law. This also means she gets a valid excuse to indulge in her passion for travelling.