Ruth Chapman is a commercial property solicitor with over 20 years’ experience working in private practice (London, Glasgow & Edinburgh) before becoming a Consultant in 2013 and joining Harper James as a Consultant in 2019.
A senior City-trained lawyer with experience covering a broad range of commercial property law with particular experience in development (residential and commercial), acquisitions, disposals, landlord and tenant, corporate support and insolvency work. Dual qualified in England and Scotland.
Ruth has considerable previous experience in the following sectors:
Ruth has worked for international and regional commercial practices and her recent experience includes:
- Purchase of agricultural business with property assets of c£7million.
- Sale of residential care home for c£1.15million.
- Senior legal support for mixed use redevelopment scheme in Hammersmith (negotiation and completion of documentation). Production of Certificates on Title and Reports on Title for several complex (partially developed or undeveloped) high value residential developments.
- Completion of Certificate on Title and Property Report in relation to forward purchase of 210,000 sq. ft head office for a retail bank in Birmingham.
- Part of due diligence team in relation to the sale of a London based cinema group for £920million.
As Ruth is based in Italy she loves all things Italian and at the moment is concentrating on learning the language.