Employment solicitor Sean Walsh joined Harper James Solicitors in 2016 having previously worked for a leading national law firm in the employment team, ranked tier 1 in the Legal 500.
During his career, Sean has worked with a wide variety of employer clients, including:
- Startups and local owner-managed businesses
- Large multi-nationals
- Local authorities
He has extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of employment law, including:
- Tribunal litigation and disputes
- TUPE & outsourcing
- Complex restructures
- Changing terms and conditions
- Complex disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Equality and discrimination
- Performance management
- Exits and post termination restrictions
Sean has the ability to comprehend complex issues quickly, with a pragmatic and friendly approach, providing advice and assistance in simple terms.
In terms of sectors, Sean works with employer clients across the business spectrum, but he has significant past experience in the following:
- Technology, including software, digital commerce and digital infrastructure
- Life sciences and healthcare, specifically biotech and medical devices, partnership/practice agreements and disputes, contract applications and dental practices
- Energy, utilities and environment, especially in renewable energy, Oil and gas, and nuclear
- Public sector, including local government and projects like PFI, PP and PF2
- Retailing, fashion and consumer goods
- Manufacturing, from industrial products and chemicals, to food and drink/agribusiness to automotive and transport
In his spare time, Sean enjoys road biking, racket sports and camping near the sea.