What we do: Initial public offering (IPO) and public company admission solicitors
Taking the decision to go public is a major step that requires careful planning and expert advice to ensure a successful flotation. Our expert IPO lawyers will work alongside you every step of the way, from helping you restructure your business pre-IPO, setting up a comprehensive data room, drafting your prospectus and admission documents, and working closely with you throughout the listing process itself.
As corporate law specialists, with particular expertise in IPOs, our solicitors have the legal skills and experience to help you choose the right route for your company when seeking investment from the public and listing on a recognised exchange, whether that be the Main Market or Alternative Investment Market.
Our Initial Public Offering and Public Company Admission Solicitors can help companies with:
- Group or individual company restructuring, if this is required for a satisfactory listing
- Advising on the listing process including the Listing Rules, and assisting with preparatory work to ensure that the company can meet the listing conditions, carrying out necessary due diligence, initial drafting of a prospectus/AIM admission document, and drafting and reviewing other required documents relating to underwriting and financial reports
- Finalisation of the prospectus or AIM admission document, liaising with brokers, underwriters and reporting accountants, and preparing the IPO announcement
- Assisting and advising during the roadshow process including responding to enquiries from potential investors
- Together with our banking and finance lawyers, advising financial institutions and investors on the contents of prospectuses and AIM admission documents, assisting with their due diligence process, and providing guidance on the legal aspects of their professional obligations and investment decisions
- Preparation and advice on the corporate documents required to formalise the listing and submission of the application to trading
- Ongoing compliance with regulations relating to listing status, including the Listing Rules, Model Code and Corporate Governance requirements
Additional advice: Employee share schemes and directors’ remuneration
Where your company is intending to offer employees options or shares in the company as part of an IPO, our team can advise on EMI and many different types of unapproved share schemes such as flowering shares, growth shares, hurdle shares and phantom shares, and draft all the necessary documents. We also have considerable expertise advising executives on directors’ remuneration, a critical consideration in any IPO process.
Who we help: Executive leadership, financial institutions and investors considering or participating in an IPO
As an expert Initial Public Offering and Public Company Admission law firm, our solicitors advise boards and company directors, financial institutions and investment banks, private equity firms and investors in all aspects of company flotations. Whether you are a start-up moving towards an IPO, an advisor engaged in an IPO, or are a potential investor, our experts offer both expert advice and hands-on support.
Why choose our initial public offering (IPO) and public company admission solicitors?
We’re a modern law firm with a difference. Our innovative remote operating model means that you can access expert City-grade legal advice from partner-level solicitors at a fraction of the cost of traditional law firms. Our senior solicitors have all been recruited from top 100 UK law firms or large international businesses. Find out more about our IPO lawyers here:
Jas is a corporate solicitor at Harper James Solicitors, advising on corporate governance, mergers & acquisitions, venture capital & investments.View profile
Stephen is an experienced corporate lawyer, with a career including time at DLA Piper and Pinsent Masons. He specialises in mergers and acquisitions and private equity work.View profile
Adam Kudryl is a Partner and Corporate & Commercial Solicitor at Harper James Solicitors, specialising in strategic investments, acquisitions and sales.View profile
Shubhu specialises in early-stage fund raisings, shareholder arrangements and M&A. Prior to joining Harper James she worked at Mills & Reeve and before that at Addleshaw Goddard and Slaughter and May.View profile
Abby Watson is a corporate solicitor, specialising in private equity investments, mergers & acquisitions, EMI share schemes, corporate finance and governance and more.View profile
Our three transparent pricing packages are designed to give you the widest possible access to high-quality legal advice, whatever the size and nature of your business:
Straightforward access to senior solicitors at a competitive rate.
An affordable solution for businesses needing one-off legal support. Receive ‘City’ partner-level expertise at a fraction of ‘City’ prices.
Have legal peace of mind for £189 per month with additional support from £99 per hour.
A monthly subscription legal support package specifically designed for start-ups and smaller businesses.
For businesses requiring 60+ hours of support a year, with prices equivalent to £99 per hour.
Fully account managed quarterly subscription service for businesses with more complex legal needs.