What we do: TUPE solicitors for employers
Our expert TUPE solicitors can advise and assist you on all the key employee and TUPE issues for your transaction, disposal or outsourcing agreement and provide additional support with the help of our corporate team.
The transferring of staff from one organisation to another is both challenging and complex for all parties.
Whether you’re involved in an acquisition, disposal or outsourcing agreement, TUPE provides your employees with the right to be informed and consulted in relation to the transfer of their employment, as well as giving them certain protection from dismissal or changes to their terms of employment.
If you do have to change employees’ terms & conditions, it can be very risky. Watch this video explaining more about the options open to employers:
Whatever stage you’re at with your transaction, our TUPE solicitors can help you with your TUPE requirements, whether you’re:
- Buying a business outright
- Purchasing part of an existing business
- Selling part of your business
- Selling your business in its entirety
- Involved in a service provision change
Once we understand what’s required from your transaction and the stage you’re at, we’ll help you to:
- Draft transactional documents – making sure they’re consistent and achieve your commercial aims
- Understand workforce issues from the outset
- Understand the requirements of employee liability information
- Comply with employee information and consultation obligations
- Identify and help remove risks through due diligence reporting
- Consider and manage the arrangements for staff at the end of their contracts, including redundancy
- Manage employee relations
- Negotiate appropriate warranties and indemnities to protect your interests
- Manage the risk of altering terms and conditions following the TUPE transfer
Who we help: Business of all sizes across the UK
As a full service national commercial law firm, we provide legal advice on TUPE processes and transactions to businesses and organisations of all sizes throughout the UK from start-ups and entrepreneurs to large plcs.
Why choose Harper James? Our TUPE solicitors’ experience in employment law
Our employment law solicitors have all been recruited from top 100 UK law firms or from large international businesses, and all have more than 10 years post-qualifying experience. Our solicitors work nationally as they are based remotely across the country.
Previously a director in top 50 national firm Shakespeare Martineau, Alan specialises in restraint of trade issues, TUPE, shareholder and disputes at board level.View profile
Employment Law Solicitor
Sean previously worked for a leading national law firm in the employment team, ranked tier 1 in the Legal 500. He advises employers on all aspects of employment law from TUPE to tribunals.View profile
Our three transparent pricing packages are designed to give you the widest possible access to high-quality legal advice, whatever the size and nature of your business:
Straightforward access to senior solicitors from £200 per hour.
An affordable solution for businesses needing one-off legal support. Receive 'City' partner-level expertise at a fraction of 'City' prices.
Have legal peace of mind for £189 per month with additional support from £99 per hour.
A monthly subscription legal support package specifically designed for start-ups and smaller businesses.
For businesses requiring 60+ hours of support a year, with prices equivalent to £99 per hour.
Fully account managed quarterly subscription service for businesses with more complex legal needs.